Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-023w

There isn’t anything wrong with my PC per say. It’s pretty slow when it comes to running games consistently e.g: new world. I know it isn’t the most powerful, or best PC out there. I obviously bought it pre-owned because i am not a computer wiz. Is there any part or something I can buy to add to it to make it faster or “upgrade” it? I’m not sure what would be compatible, or if there is anything to do. Any info would be huge! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Craigbones, upgrading your HP Pavilion PD 580-023w is certainly doable.  Btw, could only find a single benchmark for your computer on UserBenchMark [dot] com. This is a nice PC-User site where you can compare other people's PCs upgrades.  Anyway, upgrading can be a very rewarding, addictive and a wonderful short- to long term DIY project to work on. However, you would have to decide how much you want to spend on it and how much time, effort and complexities you want to invest in such a project, because you may end up spending way more on upgrades than it would cost you to buy a newer/faster PC.

That said, please take a look at my own upgrade project of an HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF I recently finished to give you some ideas what can be done to really go where no one (or few) have gone before: Solved: Upgrading HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF - HP Support Community - 8184303

Btw, I am not affiliated with HP (or any other commercial interest) in any way.  I'm just a PC enthusiast/hobbyist sharing ideas how to upgrade legacy HP desktops to its very max.

So, here's the HP hardware link for your PC, and it provides a couple of CPU/RAM upgrade suggestions already: HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Odense2-K | HP® Customer Support

Summarizing some upgrade suggestions that are comparatively painless to do yourself -you can easily find step-by-step instructions online, including YouTube videos:

1.) If you haven't done so already, upgrade your HDD with an SSD (solid state drive).

2.) CPU socket LGA 1151 offers many great options, such as the Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz Quad Core.

3.) 2 x 8GB of DDR4 (288-pin) UDIMM PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) RAM.

4.) Low profile GPU such as the Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB.

Here is an actual -and only- HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-023w user's PC specification/performance report:

HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-023w Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Awesome! Thank you so much for the reply and help! Much appreciated! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.