cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Wolfgang2050
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

UpgradING hp pavilion gaming desktop 690-0028

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming desktop 690-0028
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so I want to go about up grading my pc because the graphics card is garbage and most games runs at 23 fps on lowest settings I play rust a lot it holds me back and I need to upgrade ram to so do you have any suggestions on a GPU and ram I have a buget of about 300 dollars

6 REPLIES 6
hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 136
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which power supply do you have? If its the 400W one, you have a lot of options. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Wolfgang2050
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Um i dont know but the grapics card is a radio rx 550 2 gb of gddr5 vram and 1 8 gb stick of ram

hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 136
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just open the side panel and look at the label on the PSU, it will give you the rated wattage. 

Wolfgang2050
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it is a 310w powersuply 80+gold

hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 136
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's not leaving you a lot of options, you will have to upgrade to the 400W or 500W, depending on your budget, and then grab a new graphics card. 

Wolfgang2050
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my budget is tight only 160 anyway so what could i do for grapics card 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation