Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community! I recently bought my second gaming computer since my previous one finally gave out.  Here is a link to it. I just want to possibly upgrade the GPU. It's equipped with an Nvidia GTX 1050. Upon some research, I found that some Single Fan GPU's may fit this specific model I own. My question is will those be compatible with the Motherboard and such? I do plan to upgrade the power supply before any GPU action. Here are some links I've found from a helpful fellow on YouTube: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB -Single Fan | ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB Mini - Single Fan 

Any help is appreciated! Thank You. 

- almaeda

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In order to upgrade to a gtx 1060, You will need to upgrade the PSU to a 500w setup. But your system uses a Small Form Factor PSU.

Here is a thread where another user with a similar computer as yours, was able to use a 500w PSU in its place...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-pavilion-690-0010-PSU-upgrade-help/td-p/6991219

HP Recommended

Thank you for linking him to my page,i i will post the part number there so anyone with a similar PC can buy the part from the HP parts store to upgrade their PSU to 500w

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.