cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
S61823b
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrade graphics limits

HP Recommended
Desktop 590 0053w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need to know version of pci slot on hp 590 0053w lincs mother board, i want to update graphics on pc.

thank you for information 

2 REPLIES 2
Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 2,556
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@S61823b 

It will be PCIe 3.0  X16 but it will only run a X8 almost all HPs do.

If you are wanting to add another graphics card, know that upgrading the power supply probably wont work out if you need a high wattage PSU. The motherboard uses a proprietary 4 pin connection, not the standard 24pin.

From what i can find, that series only used up to a 400w small form factor PSU built specifically for HPs and you would have to order it from the HP Parts store.

GNRC PSU 400W SFF Entl FR   Part Number: L04618-800

Hope that covers it.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
S61823b
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info. 

As for my psu is rated at 180w. So I will definitely need to upgrade if I upgrade graphics. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation