Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion 580-023w, with motherboard HP 82F1, Bios version F.25 (06/25/2018).

The 7th generation Kaby Lake processor this computer has, an i5-7400, supports DDR4-2400 out of the box. (https://ark.intel.com/products/97147/Intel-Core-i5-7400-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-50-GHz-)

So the factory 2x4gb DDR4-2400 ram was running at the *advertised* 2400Mhz.

I tried upgrading this factory ram kit with the "CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C14 Memory Kit". 

But the system is only running them at 2133 Mhz. Obviously the XMP profile can't be changed in the bios since that is all locked by HP, but I don't understand why it changes it after the upgrade. The processor  can run DDR4-2400. 

What do I have to do to get this computer to perform as it was *explicitly advertised*? Does the bios need to be updated?  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JornNER, welcome to the forum.

HP has their motherboards made to their specs.  Therefore, they are not always the same as retail boards.  I suggest that you contact Corsair's Tech Support to see if they can help you solve your problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I think HP should provide Ram that is compatable with there motherboards. I dont think contacting Corsair is going to help. I had the same issue with a pair of Gskill rip jaws. Bascially whaty we are asking is what ram can we use with lower cas latency and better then the ran we have in out system 

HP Recommended

@Sydneyblue475, welcome back to the forum.

@Sydneyblue475 wrote:

I think HP should provide Ram that is compatable with there motherboards.  HP is not in the business of upgrading computers.  They sell OEM computers that work the way they are supposed to with the original components.  The companies who sell upgrades are the experts on which computers will work with their products.

I dont think contacting Corsair is going to help.  See my answer above.

I had the same issue with a pair of Gskill rip jaws. Bascially whaty we are asking is what ram can we use with lower cas latency and better then the ran we have in out system.  It would be impossible for HP to know all of the possible upgrades for their motherboards.  This is not even realistic for them to consider.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.