Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp 500-125a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a Hp 500-125a pc desktop and was wondering If a gtx 1050ti /Gtx 1050ti oc would be able to replace the gtx 645 for improvement in games?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pav500cp, welcome to the forum.

There are two main considerations when deciding on a video card: 1) the length of the card and will it fit into the space provided for it and 2) the amount of power that it takes to run it properly.  You can determine if it will fit by measuring the space from the Back I/O ports to the front of the case where the card will be installed.

Here is a GTX 1050 Ti OC that will fit nicely into your computer.  It is manufactured by MSI.  Look at the "Specifications" Tab on the page to see all of the specs for the card.  It says that it should run with your existing 300W power supply unit (PSU).  There are other manufacturers who make the card if you don't like MSI.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Pav500cp, welcome to the forum.

There are two main considerations when deciding on a video card: 1) the length of the card and will it fit into the space provided for it and 2) the amount of power that it takes to run it properly.  You can determine if it will fit by measuring the space from the Back I/O ports to the front of the case where the card will be installed.

Here is a GTX 1050 Ti OC that will fit nicely into your computer.  It is manufactured by MSI.  Look at the "Specifications" Tab on the page to see all of the specs for the card.  It says that it should run with your existing 300W power supply unit (PSU).  There are other manufacturers who make the card if you don't like MSI.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I checked my local store and didnt find that particular card you mentioned however they had this one MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Aero ITX OC 4GB, would this still be ok? 

HP Recommended

The Aero is the same thing wilh a little different shroud for air flow.

It will work also.

HP Recommended

Il get this video card and keep this forum updated on how it goes.

HP Recommended

@Pav500cp, we would appreciate hearing how it goes.  It should work great!

HP Recommended

Just an update, 

Upgraded  to the MSI gtx 1050ti oc (dual fans), aero was sold out and  somehow purchased the single fan version of the msi one but recieved  the dual fan version,  installed it and fitted perfectly, game performance improved greatly! So freaking happy!

Thanks for your help guys!

HP Recommended

@Pav500cp, you are welcome.  Glad you like your new video card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.