Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I want to upgrade my cpu and graphics cards of my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx.

But I have no idea of the compability with the motherboard, which is HP 8433 Version 11

My CPU is a  AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor

I want to update it to a AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16t-Core Processor

My GPU is a Radeon RX 580 series

I want to  upgrade it to AMD Radeon rx 6800 xt

I am very new at this, sorry if I am asking something to obvious.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not sure if the question is serious or not, but yeah you are not going to be able to upgrade to any 6800 series cards, first major issue is the size of the card and the next is the power consumption, even with the bigger 500W stock PSU, you will not going to power it.

Your best choice would be RTX2070 Asus Dual Mini, that's what I am using on both of mine 690's. 

HP Recommended

Thanks!

and the CPU can be upgraded to AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16t-Core Processor?

Again sorry if I am asking obvious questions...

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05939208 

get new motherboard I guess..

HP Recommended

No you can't upgrade to 5950x, that is several generations newer processor. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.