Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Upgrading HP e9150t graphics card
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

old card died and tech threw in  a basic video card (ie low resolution, no HDMI output) and did not return old card for identification.  A teck recommended a MSI GeForce 710 2GB graphics card as being good, dependable and reasonably priced.  It is shown to have a PCI Express 2.0 buss.  Can I use this one  or go to a higher level ( GT730, GT750, GTX1050)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mgjim, welcome back to the forum.

None of the cards that you mentioned will work in your motherboard.  They all require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a Legacy/standard BIOS.  The BIOS can't be upgraded to UEFI.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  The last cards not to require UEFI were the GTX 660/670 series.

Your best option is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  They are the experts on their products.  This will save you a lot of time, frustrations and money.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mgjim, welcome back to the forum.

None of the cards that you mentioned will work in your motherboard.  They all require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a Legacy/standard BIOS.  The BIOS can't be upgraded to UEFI.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  The last cards not to require UEFI were the GTX 660/670 series.

Your best option is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  They are the experts on their products.  This will save you a lot of time, frustrations and money.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.