Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking to upgrade my pc's graphics card and know I am going to have to upgrade the power supply as well due to added power draw. I keep finding a 400w power supply mentioned but am trying to find an alternative due to wanting to run the graphics card that is in the pc as well as the new graphics card. The current cpu in the pc is decent for what I want. It is a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8- core 3.00 ghz. The graphics card is a AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB. My power supply is 310w.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would advise at least getting the 400W PSU, or the 500W one if you are planning to step up to a much more powerful card than RTX2070.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.