Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is upgrading it easy or do I have to sell it and rebuild my entire pc. As my pc doesn't seem to upgrade friendly

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You didn't mention what kind of upgrade you are wanting to do. So I dont know how to answer.

HP Recommended

I wanted t5o to upgrade my GPU and switch to a tower with cooling. Or install cooling fans

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late response. I didn't get a notice that you replied.

You can upgrade your graphics card, but you need to meet two requirements.

You need (1) a power supply that will be sufficient to power the system with the upgrade and (2) you need to have enough space to fit the card. Take a tape measure and measure the available space inside the tower and compare it to what ever cards specs length.

Your Power Supply is already 500W, so look up what ever is recommended by the cards MFG for a PSU.

You already have a GTX 1070 installed, but you need a more powerful card? Just curious why as the 1070 will still be fine unless you're trying to play high end AAA games on a 4K monitor.

HP Recommended

If you are going to change towers, you need one that will have the standoffs for a Micro ATX motherboard.

The power connectors from the towers switch might have individual wires that are marked for the mobo connectors. You shouldn't have much trouble figuring out what goes where.  I don't have any recommendations for a new tower though as I haven't tried replacing a tower for that model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.