Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello Everyone!

I recently found an Rtx Asus 3070 Dual gpu and wanted to make sure I had everything ready for it. I recently bought a Corsair 650w psu but just found out I need a 750 minimum for the 3070. Just wanted to make sure the 750 psu fits my hp

omen without overkilling it. I also bought a corsair water cooler fan and a 120mm fan. Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Imitable , welcome to the Community.

If the 750W power supply unit (PSU) will fit into the space provided it should work fine.  The wattage of the PSU will not cause damage because it doesn't push out the wattage, it only uses what is necessary to run the components.  The additional wattage is for peak needs.  The best way to know if it will fit is measure the current PSU and compare it to the one that you choose.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article to tell you what to consider when upgrading the video card: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7481981

The two major concerns are 1) the length of the card and 2) the wattage required to operate it properly.  You should assure that there is enough space to allow for good airflow.  This will be extremely important with the RTX 3070 cards.  They develop a lot of heat.

I suggest that you contact Corsair's Tech Support to assure that their cooler is compatible with your motherboard.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications and are not necessarily the same as a retail board.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.