Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Slimline 270-p043w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few months ago, I decided to purchase this Desktop to use until I was at a point of stability with my income. I can achieve casual gaming experience from this system, but the GPU limits the potential, especially since it is integrated. My goal is to build a desktop that is powerful enough to run most high-end video games. I was wondering if I could take the products within this desktop and use them when building my new PC. I'm looking to purchase a new case that is big enough to fit a graphics card, as well as a bigger motherboard, but I wanted to transfer the processor (i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz) and the Ram (8 GB) over to the new motherboard. I'm almost positive that that is possible, but just needed some reassurance. Also, how should I go about upgrading this? I'd appreciate advice on what is and isn't necessary to upgrade, and what I should purchase. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @TacitSwine750

Short answer is yes, you could use the i3 and ram for a new build.

But... Why?

If your goal is a DIY New build, go all new!!! Leave the Slimeline as a backup PC.

You could build a much nicer system for about the same money if you went AMD on the cpu/mobo.

I cannot get into the specifics of what to do and buy on a DIY setup on this forum, because its meant for HP product only.

If you need further info on that, check out Reddit or Toms Hardware for example.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @TacitSwine750

Short answer is yes, you could use the i3 and ram for a new build.

But... Why?

If your goal is a DIY New build, go all new!!! Leave the Slimeline as a backup PC.

You could build a much nicer system for about the same money if you went AMD on the cpu/mobo.

I cannot get into the specifics of what to do and buy on a DIY setup on this forum, because its meant for HP product only.

If you need further info on that, check out Reddit or Toms Hardware for example.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002

I'll go to reddit and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the answer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.