Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
p7-1423w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there,

I'm new to the gaming circuit but am upgraing my older PC to be able to play games like fortnite and the isle, I am however unsure if it is possible to upgrade such an old pc on a budget. I am on an old HP p7-1423w that I got from walmart, so if anyone can tell me what all I need to upgrade it for 200 dollars or less, please let me know.

Thank You in advance.

I recently got myself a new computer but want to help my sister out as much as I can.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @KingsGNetwork 

You could go up to a GTX 1050 ti without very much bottleneck. I wouldnt go higher than that.

You will have to make sure of the power requirements for what ever card you choose.

The 1050 or 1050 ti versions will generally require a 300w PSU minimum. Some 1050 ti versions require more as they might have a 6 pin connector required. Your desktop only has a 300w PSU from factory.

Also take note of the measurement of free space for the PCIe slot and how long the graphics card is. You might have to go with a mini single fan version.

I would make sure the bios is up to date. Your versions last update was ver. 8.20 Rev A in 2015.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-p7-1400-desktop-pc-series/529...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.