Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp envy 750-247c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to put in a RTX 2060 in this pc, I was wondering if it would go in and work since this has a thimphu motherboard. the 2060 i want to put in is linked below. Thanks 

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2060-rtx-2060-ventus-xs-6g-oc/p/N82E16814137396

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@pcbuilderrtx206,

It would fit, what new PSU do you plan to install?  That is a 200W card requiring you add between 550-650W.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I was planning on using a corsair cx650 and I was wondering since this gpu is  double bracket would i need anything else to install it? 

HP Recommended

Yeah with that Corsair PSU you would be fine. I have one of those Envys with stock 500W PSU and I have tested it up to RTX2070. 

HP Recommended

@pcbuilderrtx206,

Before you remove the old GTX 745 card, you should uninstall it's software and drivers.

A dual slot card is not a problem.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

So i ws looking and saw that the 3070 would also fit, but the double slot might be a problem, is there any way to fix that?

HP Recommended

What do you mean by double slot might be a problem, most modern day GPUs are dual slot? 

HP Recommended

@pcbuilderrtx206,
What RTX 3070 card did you find that is available ? What do you mean "the double slot might be a problem" ?

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

The nvdia 3070 card fits the dimensions of a card that can fit in this pc, so i was asking if it would fit or not. 

HP Recommended

I was also wondering could i upgrade the case of the hp envy by taking out the motherboard and putting it in a new case like the nzxt h510 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.