Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-065a Desktop
Other

I have a HP Omen 880-065a which has a ryzen 5-1400 processor, rx 580 graphics card and 8gb of ddr4 ram. I was wondering if I am able to upgrade these to say a ryzen 7-2600, gtx 1070 or add another 8gb of ddr4 with my current Higos Motherboard. If not, what is an accpetable upgrade, or would I have to just replace the motherboard? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @LazioUltra

The specs page will give you some insight on what you can upgrade.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/15776604/model/18131565/do...

Ryzen 7 2600X - no. But you can upgrade to a Ryzen 1700 easily and is probably more cost effective than the 1800X.

Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs up to 32GB.

Yes you can upgrade to a GTX 1070 also.

You can upgrade to a larger capacity SSD too.

I wouldnt try changing the motherboard. It would be a lot of work trying to reconfigure the proprietary case wiring.

Let me know if you have other questions.

HP Recommended

I really appreciate the help! Will definetly be investing in what you have suggested. 

HP Recommended

So with the memory, can i purchase an 8gb stick that is any brand to match the already installed stick or do I have to purchase a particular one? 

HP Recommended

Good question and I have no way of knowing what particular brands model will work or not.

Ive never had issues with the name brands out there like Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, G Skill.

Crucial has memory that they guarantee to work with the Higos Motherboard.

This is not the exact model you have, but the mobo is the same and will work...

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/omen-880-040

HP Recommended

Do you have any idea if the Video Card can be upgraded to anything else?  I currently have the 4gb rx 580.  Runs well but I would like to get a 2080 ti to run on this XD

HP Recommended

It could run a 1080ti but you need to get the specific power requiremenst for your gpu.Usually around 600 or 650W.

And make sure the dimensions will fit the empty spot. Have to find out from that manufacturer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.