Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I tried to power on  laptop however only the power button turned on and the screen kept blinking on and off

so I pressed the windows key and the b key to enter boot mode

As i entered boot mode it then came up with bios update system bios recovery

when it finished loading it came up with bios recovery 500 press enter to continue

after that the screen turned off and continued blinking on and off like the beginning 

Does anyone know what this is and what I could do to fix this pleasereceived_1119601805650976.jpegreceived_472117164973836.jpegreceived_769614417440017.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @INKEDFOX 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

(1) Power off computer

(2Disconnect charger

(3Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds

(4Connect charger

(5) Follow the HP standard procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(6) Please report your results

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
HP Recommended

Hello ive followed all the steps you have given me the laptop seems to do the same thing as last time best way I cam show you what it keeps doing is similar to this YouTube video apart from the screen back-light keeps turning on and off in sync to the power button.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pFxag66yi40&feature=share

HP Recommended

Hello @INKEDFOX 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) xxxxxx#xxx of your notebook !

It looks something like this:

ub6424_0-1664296999254.png

ub6424_1-1664296999275.png

You will find this information on the back/rear of your notebook in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information about the computer. This is not sensitive data.

It is allowed to publish it in public.

HP Recommended

The Product Number is 4H2Y5EA#ABU

HP Recommended

If it helps there was a bios updated which I left to update over night. Not sure if that might of done something.

HP Recommended

Hello @INKEDFOX 

Use another computer to create <USB flash drive>

HP Consumer Notebook PC BIOS Update

F.14 Rev.A12.1 MBApr 10, 2022Download

Follow -> BIOS Recovery Reinstall with USB

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I don't have another computer on hand but I'll try to ask around if some does.

HP Recommended

Hello @INKEDFOX 

Ask a friend/neighbor/acquaintance. You will need 2 <USB Flash drives> Type 2.0 and 3.0 for safety.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Please report back

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.