Skye9624
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Video Card Issues - Pixelated and Broken Display

HP Recommended
HP 870-224 OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my computer only two weeks ago. Its the HP 870-224 OMEN by HP Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive. Two nights ago, one of my games began to crash regularly (Siege). Today, another is contantly crashing (PUBG) and now the display is all pixelated and there are actually many, many pixels missing as if the monitor was broken. But the monitor is also brand new and works fine (beautifully) with all the laptops in the house. Only having issues with this new desktop, so its not the monitor. I updated the graphics driver hoping that may be it, but no difference. Ideas?

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,647 24,299 2,836 10,376
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Skye9624, welcome to the forum.

Since you have tested the monitor on other computers, I suspect that it could be a video card problem.  I suggest removing it and connecting to the Integrated Video to see if that works.  If so, you should contact HP Customer Support for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation