10-13-2018 09:18 PM - edited 10-14-2018 04:52 AM
For the last couple of days Youtube videos and games have started to freeze for a minute or so after playing for about an hour plus, the audio also freezes. After about a minute the video restarts with videos playing catch up and games continuing from the freeze point. Depending on the volume of the sound at the point of the freeze the audio squells loudly which isnt good for my external speakers. As I have had the Desktop for just a month I find this a little concerning. I am using the audio on the soundcard and feeding my external amp from the audio output of my Asus ROG Swift PG279Q. Today there has been a change of behaviour, its not freezing in Youtube its slowing down for a few seconds and then 'catches' up with itself. My browser is Chrome.
10-15-2018 05:24 PM
Thanks for visiting the Hp community again. A good day to you. I read the post and will be glad to assist you here. Brilliant description and splendid troubleshooting of the issue. Kudos to you for that.
- Did this occur after a recent software or windows update?
- Did you try with a different browser and check again?
- Did you reinstall the graphics drivers and check again?
- Did you check the current speed of your internet connection?
For now, try these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
- Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
- Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphics drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model...
- Now check for issue resolution.If the issue continues, then run all the latest Windows 10 updates and ensure that they are correctly installed.
- Then update HP support assistant to its latest version and run HP support assistant. Install all the mentioned and recommended updates.
- This should resolve the issue.
- Also if it persists, reset Google Chrome and check again. Otherwise, uninstall Google Chrome and reinstall the latest version of Chrome and check again.
- Try a different Browser like Firefox and the issue should get fixed.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
10-15-2018 11:48 PM
Thankyou David for your assistance but unfortunately your advice did not help. Since the issue also affects games its not a browser issue. I have raised a ticket on this issue and after discussions with both online chat support and your advice line it has been escalated to second tier support and I am awaiting there response.
10-16-2018 04:02 PM - edited 10-17-2018 09:56 PM
I read your response and thanks for the update. It is great to have you back and was very courteous of you to keep me posted about it.
Let me know how that goes. Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
11-04-2018 01:25 PM
Hi just thought I'd give an update. Unfortunately, after first tier support had run through all they could suggest and not resolving the issue the case was referred to 2nd tier support. At which point it appears to have got lost in the system and not picked up. After a phone call on Friday, my unit is being picked on Tuesday for repair. I'll report back once I get it back.
Whilst my case getting lost in the system was annoying, to say the least, once I brought the situation to HP's attention the support manager apologised and immediately arranged for return for repair and offered the choice of an accessories by way of an apology for the delay (I'm awaiting the express delivery of a 1080p widescreen webcam). So the delay of over a week before anything was done about sorting my problem (I wonder how much longer it would have gone on if I hadn't of chased (actually not that much longer because the freezes were getting really annoying and I'd had a couple of hard crashes)).
Once support where aware of the problem \I would like to compliment them on how they handled my complaint. If the repair guys do as well I will be very pleased.
I'll post again once I get the desktop back.
11-04-2018 01:41 PM
I read the reply and thanks for the update. Please wait for the computer to arrive and hopefully, it should get fixed.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.
I am an HP Employee