Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-0078no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WD Black 3,5" 4 Tt SATA-III formatting ok and start working fine but disappear permanently after first power off restart. I change disk to other same type disk and exactly same behaviour.

Tested also with other motherboard SATA ports and other SATA cable but not impact. Also take power from SATA power adapter (6 pin molex min fit 3.0)

Mother board is ”Berks 844C”. I also update motherboard BIOS to the latest version F.40 Rev.A but not any positive impact.

Bios system info don’t see disk at all but bios diagnostic found it. Diagnostic run return “NOT AVAILABLE”.

Is this HDD supported by HP?

If not, where can I found list of supported (tested) drives?

Tnx!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JaTSa , welcome to the forum.

Here is an article that may help you solve your problem:  https://www.aomeitech.com/windows-10/windows-10-4tb-hard-drive-3889.html

Aomei is a very good company that provides apps to clone drives.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.