7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty/repair outside country for omen x 900 110nl

OMEN X by HP 900-110nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bouth the pc on 25 november,it is a machine of 3000 euro with a weight of 30kg.
After 1 month of usage the temperatures in idle were 100° degree,and automatically throttle and shut down itself for the high temperatures.

I called the support,all ok they sent me the package and all the necessary to pack it and send to repair, ( it have only 1 month i still have all warranty).

The problem is that the PC will go to Hungary while i am in italy,the package is 40kg,and the courier do not seems to trheat so good the package,i saw the last courier pick it and trhow on the car like inside there was nothing.
What i am asking here is how can a 40kg package with a 3000 euro computer inside can be sent so far for repair,with the HIGH RISK to come back broken or whatever can happen,in the warranty i have the possibility to chose an authorized hp center near me,why not that solution? i don't know and honestly i really hope the pc will come back safe,i did pictures of the state of the pc before i sent it to the courier,and it was in perfect state,should come back with some scratch i need to do a legal action because it is not accettable.

What do you guys think about sent a pc like that so far for repair with all the risk there are?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
Level 12
5,761 5,749 544 1,203
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Laxus89

I don't work for HP. I am expressing my own opinion.

You really have no choice if there is no HP Service Center close to where you reside.

I live on the US east coast and had to ship an HP system to the middle of the country for service.

I would think you have insured the package.

I have seen PC's ship, with carrier insurance, where internal damage from dislodged power supplies or heavy graphics cards was not covered by the carrier. The carrier argued there was no external damage to the shipping package so the internal damage was caused by improper packaging.

You should be okay if the system gets to HP without damage.

Check the contents very carefully when HP ships the system back to you. Don't accept receipt if there is any damage and immediately file a claim with the carrier and HP.

This is a very tricky liability situation.

Tom

0 Kudos
Laxus89
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand but i have pictures of the state of my pc when i sent it,and in the box fully covered.
I think it will be all ok,but in case i have all the necessary proof.

What i think is that for pc like that desktops is better to repair it near me,and there are center near me,i don't know the support didn't proposed one of that...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation