Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Based on temps listed below I think I need water cooling. Since I plan to upgrade to a rtx 3070 which also means I have to upgrade PSU 900W I probably should water cool the cpu at the same time..     Is there a cooling system that is compatible with the Omen  30L with Ryzen 3700x cpu

Default Mode Ryzen Master

Idle = 50C

Cpux Bench test = 74C

Silver Bench test = 90C

Command Center

Idle = 60C

Cpux Bench Test = 74C

Silver Bench Test = 90C

Auto OC Mode Ryzen Master

Idle = 53C

Cpux Bench test = 92C max

Silver Bench test = 90C

Command Center

Idle = 63C

Cpux Bench Test = 91C max

Silver Bench Test = 90C

Ryzen Master Stress Test

86C

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Any water cooling system compatible so I dont have to change out the bracket on the back side of the Mother Board?

HP Recommended

Hello @rickyracerlv 

I see no one has answered you yet so I will offer what I can. Your idle temps Im guessing are on average 50c?

Is this when you first boot and have not run anything yet, or after you open a few things? In other words what is running on the desktop and in the background?

My older Intel system will run 55c with a sandboxed browser with Firefox in it and nothing else. But if I boot up and only run the OCC for a temp check, its in the high 30's. Once I run anything, the temps go up. Its like this for all my PC's.

The bigger issue is what temps is it running during gaming? Your stress tests will go up into the 90's as you wrote above.

As for liquid cooling, I am not sure with the new 30L systems as they are rather new still. But in past models with the similar Obelisk case, the AMD systems used the same Intel heat sink bolt pattern as the Intel motherboards do. I'm 99% positive you will have to remove the board to access the back plate, no matter what you go with.

These new systems are now using liquid coolers from Cooler Master. You could order one of those, but they will be pricey from HP. I have not heard from anyone swapping one of those out yet, so I don't know the results. Otherwise if you are like I am, I would just go with a standard name brand from a store. You will have to go with a 120mm AIO setup. Most come with both types of back-plates already.

Does this help any? Let me know.

PS: You shouldn't need to go with a 900w PSU unless you just like the idea of overkill. An RTX 3070 requirements would vary between MFGs recommendations (500/650W). Make sure that case has enough room to fit which ever one lengthwise first.

@old_geekster  Have you read of anyone swapping out the coolers on the 30L AMD setups yet? Ive been out of the loop for a little while.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002, no, I haven't had any experience with changing to liquid cooling on a 30L.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  I ran the tests after booting. I found a video online of a 30L getting the cpu water cooled with a 120mm Cooler Master. It appears I will have to remove the mobo to replace the rear bracket.  As far the PSU a 650w should be sufficent. Somehow I always look back say to myself I real should have done this or that. The last computer's I built were years ago with Pentium 4's.  So I am a little behind in the times.

HP Recommended

Not sure why would you want to upgrade the PSU, HP are currently selling the Omen 30L with the stock 750W PSU and RTX 3080, the 3070 is using 100W less. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.