Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would I be able to add, "EVGA 850 Bq, 80+ Bronze 850W, Semi Modular (PSU)" To my PC (HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w)*https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FYDUCA0?pf_rd_r=QQCV27D7T1DVSVVD6ZP4&pf_rd_p=ab873d20-a0ca-439b...*? Would I also be able to take out the current RAM and put this specific one in, "HyperX Fury 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM  Black XMP Desktop Memory Single Stick HX432C16FB3/16" *https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCQRMWQ/?coliid=I15GW6061G31EB&colid=17EHDE73L3XGK&psc=1*?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You're probably not going to like my thoughts on the proposed upgrades you are considering. Other forum members may have different thoughts.

The HP 690 chassis is limited to the 400 watt power supply you have now. This is because you have a HP: proprietary MB and proprietary power supply. Retail power supplies, which all have a 24 pin MB connector, will not work with your MB.

I did not look at the HyperX Fury memory specs. Anyway, the memory specs for the upgrade should be identical to the specs HP specifies. Best case scenario is the memory works but will run at 2666 because HP does not provide XMP tweaking in the BIOS. Worst case is the PC may not POST if the new memory has different timings and latencies.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz,

Here is a video of the L05757-800 (500w) into an HP 690 series chassis.   Swapped out the 310W for the 500W.

I will upgrading spreadsheet this week to reflect that link.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi,

@wb2001 ,

That's interesting.

HP does not list the 690 chassis as a compatible part at the HP Part Surfer power supply purchase site.

Good to know.

Regards

HP Recommended

@wb2001 ,

Finally had time to watch the YouTube video.

You can only secure the 500 watt HP power supply using one screw in the 690 chassis.

I would not transport this PC with the 500 watt power supply installed only using one screw.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz,

The PSU does latch into place on the bottom.  There is a prong on the bottom of the PSU that engages into a slot, then the latch button blocks any forward travel.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi @wb2001 

Sounds good!

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.