Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Power 580-130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

There are five versions of BIOS available for the SSID 8399 "Basswood" motherboard. Only one (F.22) offers any sort of changelog, noting "Update AMD MCU and fTPM for security enhancement."

I am curious what changed across the others. It would be nice if hardware support was expanded to accomodate newer-generation AMD processors!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-power-580-100-desktop-pc-seri...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @FartyMcButts.

If you read the "Details" section in the BIOS description, it tells what the Update Fixed.  If there is no information, it was a minor fix that wasn't visible to the user.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FartyMcButts, welcome to the forum.

This is the only BIOS update that applies to your motherboard.  You should look at the SSID's of the others carefully.  They are not for the SSID: 8399 and would not install in your motherboard.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, friend! I appreciate your reminder to use bios for the correct ssid.

To clarify, I meant there are five versions (revisions) of the bios for ssid 8399. Click the revision history on that page to see them. None include change logs except revision f22.

My pc arrived with the earliest version f.03. I updated to f.23, the latest. I am curious what actually changed and would hope for expanded hardware support. I feel sure that there should be documentation somewhere!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @FartyMcButts.

If you read the "Details" section in the BIOS description, it tells what the Update Fixed.  If there is no information, it was a minor fix that wasn't visible to the user.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.