Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-195na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have a gtx 950 graphics card and i find that it's a bit outdated so i was wondering what graphics card could i upgrade it to. I.E. gtx 1080 or a similar one. And what graphics if i can upgrade would you recommend?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jack1232, welcome to the forum.

The two things that you have to consider are: 1) the length of the card (to assure that it will fit into the space provided) and 2) the wattage required to operate it properly.  The power supply unit (PSU) in your computer is only 300W.  Also, you should assure that the PSU has the appropriate supplemental power connector cables.  Here is an EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition.  Read all of the specs in the "Specifications" tab.  It will give you all of the information that you need.  The one thing that I will caution is, the 1080's are priced at a premium.  You could buy a 1060 or 1070 and save some money and still have great system performance boost.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jack1232, welcome to the forum.

The two things that you have to consider are: 1) the length of the card (to assure that it will fit into the space provided) and 2) the wattage required to operate it properly.  The power supply unit (PSU) in your computer is only 300W.  Also, you should assure that the PSU has the appropriate supplemental power connector cables.  Here is an EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition.  Read all of the specs in the "Specifications" tab.  It will give you all of the information that you need.  The one thing that I will caution is, the 1080's are priced at a premium.  You could buy a 1060 or 1070 and save some money and still have great system performance boost.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
Thank you! I will have a look.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.