Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a small metalic part included in the plastic envelope with a new Omen desktop.  It is about 2 inches long, has OMEN stamped on it and has a triangular cutout on one end.  It is in a plastic bag with a part number E22-B156160-M78 on the bag.  I have no idea what it is for.  Anyone know the answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for that rapid answer, PeaceLily.  I guess it is useful, although, I sure hope I don't have to replace the power supply or dismantle the bezels very soon, lol.  By the time I will need this little devil I won't know where I put it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It's a "security tool" used to pry sections off the bezel for certain parts replacement procedures. See this thread for more info: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/What-is-this-little-tool-that-comes-with-an-Omen-PC-fo...

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks for that rapid answer, PeaceLily.  I guess it is useful, although, I sure hope I don't have to replace the power supply or dismantle the bezels very soon, lol.  By the time I will need this little devil I won't know where I put it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.