Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2054ns

Hello everyone,

I ordered a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2054ns a few days ago. According to its specs document this PC comes with only one 16GB RAM module (specs : 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz) so I want to order another one of the same model to put it in dual channel.

Problem is, the model used isn't specified anywhere, and I can't use HP's technical support since I don't know the serial number of my unit yet.

I could wait until the PC arrives and see for myself, but I don't know when it will, and if possible I'd like to order the second RAM module in advance.

If anyone who has the same model, or who knows if HP uses a specific provider for this brand of PCs, could give me some indications, It would be very much appreciated !

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

After you receive your PC, enter your PC's serial number at the link below and see if it will provide additional information regarding the HP part number of the 16 GB memory chip HP installed.

HP PartSurfer

If not, run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below, and it should provide the memory model and manufacturer's part number.

Here is a screenshot of the memory chip report the program will provide.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1638052676729.png

HP Recommended

@Slaav 

It is much better to wait for your machine to arrive. You then can use a tool called CPU-Z  (SPD tab) to see brand and technical info and buy the same existing RAM to be sure you can get TRUE dual channels

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.