cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
M1nd_T4nk
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

When I plug in my headphones my micr picks up no sound, and no sound comes out of the headphones.

HP Recommended

I may be putting the headphones in the wrong spot as there is both a microphone slot and headphone slot, but wherever I plug in my headset I don't hear anything through it and no one can hear me. My turtle beach headset doesn't even show up as an additional device.

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,643 9,286 2,965 11,390
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@M1nd_T4nk , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

Also. what is the model of your headset?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
M1nd_T4nk
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The product is an OMEN Desktop 870-224 and the headset is a Turtle Beach, ear force, recon 50p

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,643 9,286 2,965 11,390
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @M1nd_T4nk!

I am not certain, but the specifications page from Turtle Beach states that the headset is for PS4 and XBox, etc.:

https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/recon-50p-headset?afsrc=1&utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=affilate_US&...

This may be your problem.  It could be there is a compatibility problem with Windows 10.  I suggest that you contact TB's Tech Support to see if they can help you.  I don't believe that it is a HP hardware problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation