2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do i find the BIOS-update i need?

HP Pavillion HPE h8-1122sc Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi!
I tried to install a New graphic card (from GeForce 545 to GeForce GTX 1050ti) and i’ve read around and it looks like i need a BIOS update. The HP site says that my computer is Too old and They have no New driver updates. What version is the latest for my computer?

When i start the computer with the new graphic card, the screen just stops at the hp start screen with ”press esc for setup” etc. I guess that’s Why I need a BIOS update?

Thankful for any help!
3 REPLIES 3
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

There is one BIOS update, 7.12 Rev. A, (February, 2012) provided by HP when running W7.

Your PC's BIOS is a Legacy BIOS and is not compatible with newer graphics cards (such as the 1050) which require an HP BIOS version 8.xx or higher.

You could update your system to an Nvidia 600 series graphics card.

Tom

0 Kudos
Philippp
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying fast! 🙂

Can i just switch out the mother board with a newer one or what do i need to buy/do to use the 1050 card?

Philip
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Philip

You are welcome.

Sure, you could change the MB.

You will probably have to purchase a new Windows product key and possibly a new power supply.

The current RAM in your system will probably have to be replaced.

You may as well get a new chassis to avoid any possible problems with component compatibility.

I am sorry, but you will have to build or purchase a new system.

Tom

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation