Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Do I install it to exhaust or as intake?

HP Recommended

As an exhaust fan

HP Recommended

Update:

The computer is still running fairly hot.  The lights indicating temperature are stepping closer to red the more I play any online game.  At this point, i'm really questioning who green lit this design.  It may be that the thermal paste was inferior or maybe that the system was just not designed to handle the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080's size.

I'm now investing in an AIO liquid cooler to try and offset some of the heat, and i'm crossing my fingers the designers have allowed enough molex and pumps to be able to accommodate the upgrade.

HP Recommended

can you install a normal fan to the LC pump connecter on the motherboard, or just watercooled cooling things?

HP Recommended

I installed a 120mm fan using the LC pump. Not a water cooled fan. I’ve had no problems and it’s been over a year now 

HP Recommended

I have the HP Omen Obelisk also, just got it.  I pulled the plate out of the top like you did and popped out those little 4 pieces.  Did you screw the plate with the 4 square holes back into the case so that you could screw in the fan to it?  

HP Recommended

Yes. Take the four square pieces out of the plate and then attach the fan to the plate. Then put the plate with the fan on it back in the computer. Make sure the fan is set to blow the air out of the case, not in

Rob

HP Recommended

So I went today to Frys and got a 120mm fan for the top of the case.  However, I am perplexed as to where to plug it in at on the motherboard as I see no extra fan pins to plug it into.  Do you have a picture that shows where you connected the fan to on the motherboard?  If you do,  I would really appreciate a pic so I know where to plug this fan into.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Plug it into the piece labeled “LC Pump” just below where you install the fan. The pics are posting sideways here for some reason. The left side of the pics is the roof of them case

6D7D57DE-A03F-44F5-B9DA-D106360724DC.jpeg

51FC15CB-25EB-4670-908A-D23310E64FFF.jpeg

HP Recommended

Thanks much appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.