Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 900-260XE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There are 4 drive bays on the cube and in the drive Bay 1, there is a magnetic Segate 2.5 TB drive.  The Boot disc is a 475GB SSD and it's running out of space.  The other three drive bays are empty.  Where is this drive so I can upgrade it to a 2TB SSD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ironhelix , welcome to the forum.

@Ironhelix wrote:

I found the drive.  It's a chip screwed to the motherboard.  If I clone that drive and add the ssd that I cloned, will the machine ask me which drive I want to boot from so I can select the larger drive and then use the chip drive as data storage?

Glad that you found the M.2, SSD.  Yes, after you have cloned the current SSD to the new one, you should go into the BIOS/UEFI and select the new SSD as the boot drive.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-x-by-hp-desktop-pc-900-200i/17155887/document/c05787238

You can look at the motherboard diagram to see where everything is located; including the M.2.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I found the drive.  It's a chip screwed to the motherboard.  If I clone that drive and add the ssd that I cloned, will the machine ask me which drive I want to boot from so I can select the larger drive and then use the chip drive as data storage?

HP Recommended

@Ironhelix , welcome to the forum.

@Ironhelix wrote:

Glad that you found the M.2, SSD.  Yes, after you have cloned the current SSD to the new one, you should go into the BIOS/UEFI and select the new SSD as the boot drive.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-x-by-hp-desktop-pc-900-200i/17155887/document/c05787238

You can look at the motherboard diagram to see where everything is located; including the M.2.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.