Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I will concur with Prométhée on your setup. Its a low end performing system by today's standards and not worth the money you will have to dump into it.  A GT640 wont produce much in results for gaming, considering you didn't say what games you wish to play on it.

You could go with this PSU if you still insist on pursuing an upgrade, as it has a split 20/24 pin connector your Mobo requires (20 pin)...

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-100-BR-0450-K1-Bronze-Power-Supply

Most of the GT 640 used cards I find aren't worth the overprice, sellers are asking.

HP Recommended

The GPU is set now the power supply.

i know you can't give me advices on which power supply i can get.

but i really want to know if this power supply is compatible to my pc: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-W1-0500-KR

HP Recommended

Yup

HP Recommended

check all the same the dimensions of the original one
The hp tower is small here

Mid-size ATX

• Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches)
  • Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches)
  • Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches)

It must be able to fit: 85mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 140mm (L)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée  He should be good to go.  its full ATX size according to the Parts surfer model number. the only thing he would have to worry about is the length and those cases do have enough space from the back of the PSU to accommodate the new PSU he linked..

HP 250W part number 5188-2622 Amazon

HP Recommended

Okay Okay. 

Two last questions, how much FPS does the game minecraft get with the GT 640 & the amd athlon ii x4 640? (your best estimate is fine depending on which game quality works best). And how does it work well in the game Fortnite? (FPS?) (& best estimate)

Thanks for the help so far.

HP Recommended

Sorry but we can not guess.
You should have the same configuration as you
And the fps, are different in function of the machine, and selected video parameters
however, you can always try to get an idea by looking at  the comparative , tests, if however, the test has already been done

https://technical.city/fr/video/GeForce-GT-640

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

oh...

then, what about the radeon hd 6950? its a nice gpu : link

and this psu: link

if this doesn't work i gues i have to buy the gt 640...

i'm really looking for performance here.

but i'm not really sure if it's gonna fit.

HP Recommended

this is the third time writing this message cause my message wouldn't show up. ._.

Anyways, gt 640 is not bad but not good either...

so i was wondering if radeon hd 6950 works as well? this gpu runs faster than the gt 640.

i know it need more power so i think the Corsair CMPSU-850TX Power Supply, 850W would be good?

I don't know if it fits though.

both psu and gpu...

What do you think...?

HP Recommended

Sorry, but it is impossible to say if this or that card will work when the model has not been installed in the HP configuration.
For the power supply I'm not sure you need 850w.
again, the graphics card models have differences depending on the manufacturer, the model found ..
the size can be more or less, at least check if the dimensions are correct for the computer ...
Then I don't know if you have found a new model, but most of the old models are no longer made, and you will only find models that are already used.
A risk of buying something that does not work
You will not make this model a good gaming computer, make a choice, but do not spend too much money for nothing!

[edit]

this could help you

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/graphics-card-upgrade-help.763954/

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.