Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 6000 Pro All In One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I have just attempted to add a graphics card into my PC, it fits but once installed my computer beeps 4 times continuously while not turning on. There might be something wrong with the card, I purchased it refurbished but in the event that there is something technical going on here what might it be? I know it's the card and only the card, my device starts right up once I remove it. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, for whatever reason, the 150W P/S is not good enough to fire up the graphics card, so the only P/S that will work is the 180W one.

Too bad HP had to have separate P/S for the onboard and discrete graphics.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Looks like the power supply does not have enough power to drive the card. What is it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's an AMD Scorpius 2 (1gb) pn 652124-001, I'm trying to plug it into a 602526-001 rev:b motherboard. I have 100-240 input and 19v output power supply plugged directly into the wall.

HP Recommended

Hi, @ogeeskeemask :

If your PC is beeping 4 times, it means there is a power supply overload.

If you notice on the specs page for your AIO PC, you need to have the 180W power supply in order for an MXM graphics card to work.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02292248

I also hope you installed the required heatsink for the MXM card, or it will fry in a matter of a few minutes without it.

Listed under miscellaneous parts...Heat sink (thermal module), MXM graphics.  No part number listed.

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=4210074&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c0...

I looked for the part in the HP PartSurfer website...The part number is...625255-001 - MXM generic graphics chip heat sink assembly - Includes replacement thermal material 

HP Recommended

I have proper heatsink but the pn for some strange reason is different than what I expected, pn 620272-001 but I was looking for 625255-001, they're the same though, I use Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound but if this is a matter of power I'll start to look into that. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, for whatever reason, the 150W P/S is not good enough to fire up the graphics card, so the only P/S that will work is the 180W one.

Too bad HP had to have separate P/S for the onboard and discrete graphics.

HP Recommended

@ogeeskeemask

As @Paul_Tikkanen also mentioned above, you need more power (juice) ie a new PSU. Not just HP, Dell does the same thing. I did post my experiences with Dell's machines few years back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.