joyel1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WildTangent games for HP

HP 500-214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having trouble with games app.  While playing game I get message WildTangnet game app has stopped working.  It also says reporting problem to windows and then it wants me to close program.  I've been trying to get help from Wild Tangent but have'nt been able to get anything that helps.  I also get message that says Security certifacate is invalid.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
21,868 21,494 2,481 8,245
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WildTangent games for HP

@joyel1, welcome back to the forum.

The problem with the Security Certificate can be caused by the Date and Time being incorrect in the BIOS.  I suggest assuring these are set correctly.  I get this error message all of the time on my HP tablet when the Time and Date are incorrect.

As for the the games themselves, your best option is getting help from Wild Tangents Customer Support.  They are the experts on their games.  It is difficult for us to know what causes the problems that you are experiencing.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WildTangent games for HP

To old_geekster

Thanks for your response.  On the Security Certificate thing.  How do I check the date and time on BIOS?  I'm no computer whiz but I can follow directions.  The other day I had to reset my computer to get rid of the messages.  It got hung up and wouldn't close.  With the WildTangent game app has stopped working thing it happens every day along with the other.

As I said in my first message I have been asking WildTangent support and all they say is check different articles,  which I did before I contacted them.  They don't seem to know what to do.

I'm waiting for a reply from a message I sent yesterday.  I've also sent them a few screen shots of the messages,

The reply I get from them seems like they didn't even read my message.  

Let me know about that BIOS thing when you can.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
21,868 21,494 2,481 8,245
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WildTangent games for HP

You are very welcome!  Thank you for the additional information, @joyel1.

Here is a guide that will help you set the Time and Date without going into the BIOS.  It is very straight forward and easy to follow.

As for the games, I hope that you get the problem solved.  Here is a guide from their website that may help.

Good luck!

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!