Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
500-334d
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am planning on buying a GTX 1050ti or GTX 1050 graphics card, but I do not know if it is compatible with my PC which has a motherboard HP-2AF7. Help? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi FrenzDavid

Have you selected a specific vendor? Vendors may modify supplemental power supply connections, the length of the card and minimum power supply requirements.

The generic Nvidia specs require a 300 watt power supply. Your PC has a 300 watt power supply. The Nvidia reference model does not require additional PCIe power supply connections.

The Nvidia reference card is about 6 inches so it should fit in your tower. Measure to verify this.

Your PC has a UEFI BIOS. The 1050ti requires this.

Have you selected a specific card for purchase?

Grzy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi FrenzDavid

Have you selected a specific vendor? Vendors may modify supplemental power supply connections, the length of the card and minimum power supply requirements.

The generic Nvidia specs require a 300 watt power supply. Your PC has a 300 watt power supply. The Nvidia reference model does not require additional PCIe power supply connections.

The Nvidia reference card is about 6 inches so it should fit in your tower. Measure to verify this.

Your PC has a UEFI BIOS. The 1050ti requires this.

Have you selected a specific card for purchase?

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thanks alot for helping!

I've chosen the ZOTAC GTX 1050 2gb or ZOTAC GTX 1050ti 4gb.

My budget is only $100-170

As long as it has 1 gpu cooler or it fits my pc.

What would you recommend? the ti or just normal one?

HP Recommended

Thanks alot for helping!

I've chosen the ZOTAC GTX 1050 2gb or ZOTAC GTX 1050ti 4gb.

What would you recommend? the ti or just normal one?

HP Recommended

Hi FrenzDavid

You are welcome

I would go with the 1050ti 4GB. The card is about 7 inches in length. It requires a 300 watt power supply.

But verify  a 7 inch graphics card will fit.

The 1050ti is a dual slot card so make sure you can remove an adjacent Input/Output backplate.

Uninstall the current graphics drivers before you install the 1050.

You will also have to enter the BIOS to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot before you install the 1050.

Depress the retention lever on the back of the PCIE x16 graphics card slot when removing the existing graphics card, if applicable, or before you attempt to install the 1050. Failure to do this can damage the x16 slot and the new graphics card.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.