Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought the HP Omen 880-p1xx 1080ti/8700k model from 2018. This came with a 750 watt Platinum PSU that I believe has four 6+2 pin connectors daisy chained. The EVGA FTW Ultra RTX 3080 requires 3x8 pin connection. Will I be safe using my Omen PSU with this, or do I need to get a new 750w PSU with 3 separate 8 pin cables or connectors? Product number is 2TB62AV and Serial number is [Personal Information Removed].

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Masterbootz , welcome to the forum.

I believe that you should be able to use your current 750W PSU with the daisy-chained dongles.  However, according to the specifications from EVGA this is the minimum amount of wattage required: https://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3897-KR

Scroll down until you see the "Specs" tab.  The card requires 320W of power to operate properly.  If for some reason your PSU doesn't work it won't damage the card.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Masterbootz , welcome to the forum.

I believe that you should be able to use your current 750W PSU with the daisy-chained dongles.  However, according to the specifications from EVGA this is the minimum amount of wattage required: https://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3897-KR

Scroll down until you see the "Specs" tab.  The card requires 320W of power to operate properly.  If for some reason your PSU doesn't work it won't damage the card.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

You should be fine with that 750w PSU, plus if you already bought the card, BTW congrats for managing to get one, you can test it and if it's not enough, that would be your next upgrade 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.