Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
M01-F0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an AMD APU (3400g with Radeon Vega 11 integrated graphic) and I am thinking of buying a GTX 1050.

Question One. My power supply is 180w and the power draw from the APU is 65w and the power draw from the GPU is 75w so I should be perfectly fine to run both together without needing a new PSU right? That would make 140w total.

Question Two. Will the APU and the GPU work together to make my computer faster? I get around 100 FPS on csgo on my APU alone so would adding the 1050 lower the fps because it is running only off the graphics card or would the GPU and APU work together to make the computer faster? I am wanting to speed up my pc so I can stream, record, and do creative projects like premiere pro easier and smoother, will this work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@VictreebelTV 

Not all GTX 1050 are 100% PCIe powered.  Some models, like the EVGA cards (and some others) actually require a 6 pin PCIe power plug. The stock 180W does not have this added plug.  Look at the spreadsheet. IMHO, you need a PSU with the safety of a PCIe 6+2 plug.   Choice in rating is yours. The GTX 1050 is 500+% above requirements for GT630    csgo Requirements

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@VictreebelTV 

Once you install the GTX 1050 your integrated (onboard) Radeon Vega 11 graphic is turned off.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks but is my power supply enough for the graphics card?

HP Recommended

@VictreebelTV 

Not all GTX 1050 are 100% PCIe powered.  Some models, like the EVGA cards (and some others) actually require a 6 pin PCIe power plug. The stock 180W does not have this added plug.  Look at the spreadsheet. IMHO, you need a PSU with the safety of a PCIe 6+2 plug.   Choice in rating is yours. The GTX 1050 is 500+% above requirements for GT630    csgo Requirements

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.