Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this computer 5 days ago so it is still under warranty if I need to send it in, but I just experienced a crash with my desktop with the Windows Blue Screen saying: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, but it wasnt even up for 3 seconds before the computer shutdown and a new message came up from the BIOS saying: System Fan Error 90B.

I looked this up and it was talking about system cooling. I looked on the inside to see if there could possibly be dust already or if any fans were not spinning, however, everything was operational, except for the fact the computer was running fans at full speed for about 2 minutes before going to it's quiet state.

All fans are reporting their RPM except the GPU, which is the stock 1650 SUPER, but when I viewed it physically, the fans were spinning.

PSU fan wont spin, it only spins on start up for a few seconds which I'm assuming is due to POST.

All temps look fine under load, with the highest being the GPU at 79C.

The CPU fan, Back Case fan and GPU fan were all spinning. What caused this error and is it something to worry about?

I also did not overclock anything on this device.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is a fatal hardware error. Read this Microsoft description (Link).

Contact HP Support (Link) or return the PC to the seller.

I don't think it is a problem with the power supply. Newer HP PCs have a passive power supply fan mode.

You could reseat the chassis fan(s) and CPU fan on the respective motherboard fan headers. But you may have a bad motherboard. Fans running at high speed when starting the PC is not a good sign. Have you tried restarting the PC to see what happens?

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes, the PC works fine underload right now and is acting normal

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would keep an eye on this. You must be able to replicate the error to troubleshoot the cause.

Contact HP Support for warranty assistance if the blue screen error or the fan error occurs again when starting the PC or while Windows is running.

Regards

HP Recommended

I was able to replicate the issue somehow. I was more prepared and when it did it's thing, I pressed enter and I was met with the screen: Boot Device Not Found

I restarted the PC and it booted to windows and I found the fan called FANIN 1 was spinning really fast. I assume this is the 1 and only case fan because the other one is called CPU.

The CPU reached 90C with the CPU fan not going above 600RPM, however, with software, I am able to ramp up the fan speed.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are getting various errors (Windows blue screen error, fan error, and no boot disk error). 

You have a hardware problem. No point in troubleshooting a brand new PC in this forum.

Contact HP Support or return the PC for exchange/refund.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.