Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-107 ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey,
Im getting an ssd and i want to install clean Windows 10 on It. So ive seen tutorials showing how to do this, but theres a step which you have to introduce a key, I don't have any key! How i can install Windows without the system key? Also I been reading that Windows OEM is assigned to the motherboard, and the key step will be skipped.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are correct.

Since the W10 product key is in your PC's BIOS when you go to install W10, it will automatically pick up the product key and not prompt you to enter one.

It will automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

If you want to know what the W10 product key is, you can use the free utility I zipped up and attached below to print out or save the product key (though you should never need to use it).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are correct.

Since the W10 product key is in your PC's BIOS when you go to install W10, it will automatically pick up the product key and not prompt you to enter one.

It will automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

If you want to know what the W10 product key is, you can use the free utility I zipped up and attached below to print out or save the product key (though you should never need to use it).

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot!!! 😀
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.