Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi @papaj62 

Try the 12-1-22 HP BIOS update. I don't think this new version will fix the system instability problem. The F.57 BIOS update has issues.

@pcgraphix posted a detailed method to roll back the BIOS to the last, known, good version here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Fix-For-The-F-57-BIOS-Bug-Which-Causes-Windows-10-amp-... 

I would find a local PC tech who can reprogram the BIOS if this does not work for you.

HP Recommended

@Papaj62, just as @Bill_To wrote, try the "new" F.57 BIOS that HP has posted first.  I have a hunch that this is the fix that so many of us had been waiting for from HP.  In my opinion, HP should have called it "F.57 RevB" or even "F.58 RevA" to clearly differentiate this new version from the previous buggy release of F.57.  I'll be anxious to hear if this resolves the Freezing At Just A Moment issue.  Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the HP computer so I can't test this "new" F.57.  But I did download and run sp143823.exe from the HP support page and it extracted and auto launched the 08433F57.EXE which then allowed me to "copy" the bin & sig files to a folder as I would have expected!  Please post back the outcome.  And, just as Bill_To wrote, if this new F.57 BIOS still causes issues, my detailed workaround procedure should get you out of this pickle using the previous F.55 RevA BIOS from HP.  

HP Recommended

Anybody reading this thread, don't bother trying the "new" F.57A. I tried it out and it had the same date as the F.57 that was installed on my bios already, the one that was causing the freezing issues, so I'm certain it's the same version.  I suggest just going straight to the F.55RevA BIOS and just being done with it. Thank you for the detailed workaround @Pcgraphix. I just brought home a 690-0028 for my kids and the freezing issue was a constant headache. It would be pretty cool if HP could just fix F.57 and release updated bios for all these boards that have issues, but I'm sure they like the revenue from people out of warranty. Glad I found these forums and saw that so many others were having the same issues with this firmware. Now I can concentrate on different upgrades for it so it can run at peak performance. Thanks again to everybody that figured out how to roll back the bios and posted about it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.