Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Has anyone upgraded their 30L from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

If so, how's your experience so far? Do you have any noticeable issues?

My gaming rig is used for my remote work and I cannot afford to have any problems with it.

So even though I'm given option right now for a free upgrade, I'm holding for a while to see what others are saying.

Thanks,

DT

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@DTT_DC , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

You may or may not receive replies to your question.  Most members come to the Community to solve a problem and leave.  They don't normally lurk.  I will try to give some idea if your computer will run Win 11 without problems.  One of the main items to consider is does it have TMP 2.0.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My product # is 2H4A2AV. I'd be curious to see how this info would help answer my question though.

I was hoping to run into someone with 30L machine, who's upgraded to Windows 11 and find out the experience.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @DTT_DC!

@DTT_DC wrote:

My product # is 2H4A2AV. I'd be curious to see how this info would help answer my question thoughWithout knowing the specifications of the computer I can't make any determination.  Since it is a Configure To Order (CTO) it is difficult to know exactly which components you chose.  However, any of the components that were available to you should run Win 11 without any problems.  As I stated, the main thing is to make certain you have TPM 2.0.  You can do this in the BIOS/UEFI.  You may have to activate it.

I was hoping to run into someone with 30L machine, who's upgraded to Windows 11 and find out the experience.  Again, as I stated, this may be somewhat unlikely.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My TPM specification sub-version is actually 1.38 (10/30/2019), when I checked security processor details.

I also checked my BIOS, which was recently updated. It doesn't say anything about 2.0 at all, also.

So I don't think I should upgrade it to Windows 11 anytime soon even though my own Windows notice says it's ready to go. 

It feels like Windows upgrade just might give me BSOD and ruin my day or week. 

The specs are...

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3090 (24 GB GDDR6X dedicated)
WD Black 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD
BU RCTO OMN DoradoOCAMP 30L PREM Z490 US
No Third storage
No Fourth Storage
HP black wired keyboard with volume control and wired optical mouse kit
McAfee Livesafe (30 day)
Front Bezel Shadow Black Glass, Dark Chrome Logo+ Side Cover Glass with Cooler Master AMP 750 W Platinum efficiency power supply
HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-3200 XMP SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo
Office Trial
Windows 10 ADV
OSLOC US
Intel® Core™ i9-10900K W/Liquid Cooling(3.7 GHz up to 5.3 GHz, 20 MB L3 cache, 10 cores)
CKIT HP CTO OMEN 1C20 US
No RAID
MISC HEVC MEDIA EXTENSION HP
WARR 1/1/0 US
HP Recommended

Hello
this is only a personal opinion ..
If your computer works, it may indeed be pointless to take the risk!
Even if you can take precautions, in order to test, and in the event of a problem, return to your configuration (use a disk image type software)
I tried the installation with a computer, indicated 100% compatible, but for which some functions are missing.
So, nothing extra for the moment, it works no more and no less.
I even have some regrets for some changes!
But your computer is very recent, I have not checked it, but you will certainly be able to benefit from an interesting improvement .
check ..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications#table2

I still saw some articles indicating, that there was some performance problem in games sometimes

https://www.pcgamer.com/windows-11-pcs-can-hobble-gaming-performance/

Unfortunately, you will probably not have much feedback here.
We come, we look for a solution, and we disappear

500x200

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello Promethee,

I am of the same opinion. If it's working smoothly, don't update it.

During last 12 months, I've ran into updates that were supposed to be more compatible and issues free but they were the exact opposite, where updates were causing issues when previous versions weren't.

So I won't update to Windows 11 for a while since this PC is also for my remote work that I cannot afford to have issues.

HP Recommended

Indeed
If you try later, make a copy of your configuration, with specialized software, it will be safer

https://www.geckoandfly.com/4997/disk-to-disk-clone-software-for-sata-and-laptop-hard-drive/

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I am just going to reinforce that you should make an image of your working windows 10 install before trying windows 11.  I love Macrium Reflect free and have used it to restore many times and to clone drives with complete success.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.