Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hardware

* OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx, Product ID 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM

* HP Windows Mixed Reality 1440*2 Spatial Computing Headset, Product # 2HU34AA#ABA

OS

* Windows 10  Home 64-bit Version 1803 Build 17134.590

A similar issue was posted in  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows/HP-MIxed-Reality-Headset-will-not-work-with-the-HP-OMEN-HELP/t... (now closed and the moderator says to start a new thread).

I have had no luck getting the Mixed Reality Portal to work.  The software for the system is installed and loads, uptill the last point where I get a screen that briefly reads as follows;

"Something went wrong and we couldn't start Windows Mixed Reality - We're not sure what's up here, but this error code shoud help: S0012361-101" Then this screen is cleared and replaced by the simple message "Something went wrong and we couldn't start Windows Mixed Reality"

In the post above, the solution provided does not work for me. If all USB ports on the OMEN are actually USB hubs or the OS thinks they are, then the headset (according to the previous help suggested) will not work.

I have gone through the uninstall Mixed Reality Portal, shutdown, restart, reinstall, plug in headset cycle multiple times. All Windows Mixed Reality tests pass. HMD driver is up to date.

Is there some other solution that will work?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@willenson,

Greetings and Thank you for showing interest on HP Support community!

Just to clarify, an error code that begins with S is most likely an issue Windows or the Mixed Reality Portal is having with your PC configuration, and likely not a headset issue.

Just to confirm, when you're setting up your Mixed reality headset, you also have your LCD monitor plugged in and it's showing the Windows desktop?

Let's start off by running Windows update troubleshooter.

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After following all of the steps above, including the HP Support Assistant which reported no problems, when I plug in the headset, the Mixed Reality Portal briefly (1-2 seconds) appears, then disappears. No error messages or anything useful. 

I also downloaded the Mixed Reality Portal from the Microsoft Store, but that seemed to have no impact on the startup/failure cycle.

This seems, in my opinion, to be a step backwards.

So what is the next step?

HP Recommended

Some additional information. The HP headset works perfectly on four or five other computers in the office. I have tried multiple Mixed Reality headsets on this computer (some HP some not) and none of them worked, while they do work correctly on other computers including an HP Omen notebook.

HP Recommended

@willenson,

As you have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps and nothing has helped to resolve this issue. I would personally suggest this could be a possible hardware failure.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.