cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Ryan-913
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Won’t wake from sleep, power button won’t wake it, Ram and GPU still lit up and fans running

HP Recommended
Omen 30L, GT13-1184
Microsoft Windows 11

Anyone have a solid fix for this yet?

new 30L Omen fresh out of the box won’t wake from sleep. RGB Lights all still lit and fans running.  Power button won’t wake it. Have to unplug power cable.

BIOS and windows updates have all been done, even the advanced optional ones. Power options have all been tried, PCI express option was explored. The Keyboard is set to wake it up.

thought I had it fixed as it worked for a bit but after sleeping for awhile it returns to the state of not waking up

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 684 1,661
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would return the PC to the seller for a refund/exchange or contact HP Support (Link). The out of box experience should be almost flawless.

I have some (retail) (Z390, Z490, B450) motherboards from specific MB manufacturers doing the same thing. But I also have many (retail) (Z590, Z690, B550) motherboards (MB) working fine. I think it is a chipset driver problem. Either the MB manufacturer or Microsoft has to step up and fix this.

This has been happening since the update to W11 on the affected MBs. I can't get a handle on the issue. My problem systems worked correctly using W10.

I am guessing it is a W11 problem. I tried clean W11 installs thinking the update was not quite right. Checked system file integrity.

Check System Files

Open an admin command prompt, copy and paste the following commands. run the second command after the first command completes:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Did the usual: BIOS update if available, update all drivers, check power settings, look at Device Manager for sleep setting problems.

Nothing has fixed this problem. I am hanging loose at this point. 

Maybe I am missing something. Maybe a different forum member can provide the missing piece to the puzzle.

You have a clean W11 install on a new chipset so you should have a stable system. You could try a factory reset. Its an option. 

Did you check for a BIOS update?

A bad component could be a wild card. Run HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Start the PC. Tap "ESC".

Select "F2". Run system and component tests.

Sorry for going on and on. Could be a faulty MB or a messed up power supply. All components have to work together using good drivers to achieve harmony.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation