Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-149 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there! I was looking into upgrading my PC's graphics card, and im wondering what the maximum graphics card size is. This computer is pretty great for modern games like Fallout 4, or Dota 2 but the GeForce GT card is holding me back from playing at high settings. Going to switch it to a 1050 but I need to know if the size is good. But if anything else comes up (power supply, motherboard, etc.) be sure to tell me. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A single fan 1050 will fit.

I think you can do about a 10.5 inch dual slot graphics card in your chassis. You have to measure to verify this. Check the length along the PCIe x16 graphics card slot to see what you have. You need to be able to pop out an adjacent I/O backplate to install a dual slot graphics card.

You could do a better Nvidia card if you want. You may have to upgrade the PSU if you go to a 1070 (500 watt or better PSU plus one eight pin power supply dongle).

At some point the aging chipset and Intel processor becomes the bottleneck.

Don't consider upgrading the motherboard. (MB). This creates problems.

Buy a new PC if you want to upgrade the MB.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.