cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duckyyl
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Would i be able to connect a 144hz monitor to my omen laptop, without any frame issues ect

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce017na

I have been playing on 75hz for a while on a non gaming monitor connected to my laptop, however i was wondering if i would be able to get a 144hz monitor using a mini display port to display port, with no issues on my laptops side

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,684 92,562 11,980 25,542
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@duckyyl 

Its specs and manual does not say which version but I believe it has mini Display port version 1.2 which support 4K video at 60Hz.

Normal rule is when refresh rate goes up, resolution will go down therefore you may get 1920 x 1080 at 120Hz with mini Display port.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
duckyyl
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien

So if I was to lower the resolution of my monitor, I would reach 144hz and have no computer issues?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,684 92,562 11,980 25,542
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@duckyyl wrote:

@Banhien

So if I was to lower the resolution of my monitor, I would reach 144hz and have no computer issues

@duckyyl 

In theory, yes but in real life I have not read elsewhere.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation