Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hello, how can i activate resizable bar in the bios of my hp z840, thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @aim89150 

Resizable Bar is supported on Intel Gen 11 through 13 series CPUs. Check this Link for new features in Intel 11th gen CPUs.

Your PC has a 2014 Hasswell CPU.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi @aim89150 

Thanks for the video. 

I guess Intel is wrong. 🤔 Anything is possible.

Do you have a compatible graphics card?

HP Recommended

hi

Capture d’écran 2023-03-14 083037.pngCapture d’écran 2023-03-14 083149.png

HP Recommended

Hi @aim89150 

Thank you for the images.

The 7900 XTX supports this. I really don't think your Z840 supports Resizable Bar.

Check additional information at this Link.

HP Recommended

the Z840 motherboard supports the resizable bar, I think it's a shame that HP engineers didn't do a bios update to make it work, such a powerful machine, thrown away for a simple update.

HP Recommended

Hi @aim89150 

I am on your side. Everything I look at suggest no Resizable Bar support in older MBs and CPUs.

There is a BIOS update for your PC. The HP Support site is down right now.

Check this Link when HP is up and running.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link, I'll look at it later, I'm disappointed by HP especially since I liked the seriousness of this company, but I see today that "it's no longer their top-of-the-line products, machines that cost a fortune and that are thrown away, just for a bios update". the next machine of my work will not be HP

HP Recommended

On the Intel side, this has been technically possible since the Haswell processors. For some reason, motherboard manufacturers never made it available, and it is only with the 300 series chipsets that it became widespread for the general public. So my HPZ840 supports resizable bars, with its processor and motherboard being a C600 series (HP Z840 C612 chipsets), so it's HP that doesn't upgrade the HP Z440, Z640, Z840 series.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.