Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Command Center
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I just installed the command center app on my Omen Desktop and it just shows a black screen with the omen symbol and title of application. how can I go about fixing this

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @blawdgharm 

What is the full Product number of your Omen?

If you have the HP Support Assistant, open it and find the product number.

Thanks

HP Recommended

HP Omen 880-181 Gaming PC

HP Recommended

Strange it comes with it already.

Or did you just reinstall Windows with the MS Media Creation Tool?

HP Recommended

I bought this pc 2 years ago and it didn't have it already installed. so I went ahead and installed it this morning

HP Recommended

Well OK. If it came with Windows installed from the factory, the command center should have been there.

Uninstall what ever version you have. Look to see if there is the old version also. It should show up in Apps and Features, even though it didn't have a shortcut in the Start menu.

Reboot and install it with this link... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Then install the latest HP System Event Utility... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Next, install the OCC SDK Package... sp98588.exe

Then the most important part is to manually force Windows to search for updates, even if it shows it up to date.

Click the Check for Updates button in Windows Updates. If it finds anything, install it and reboot.

Go back and force it again. Keep doing this until no more are found.

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

still the same issue

HP Recommended

OK. We'll have to see if HP comes out with a fix soon. A few others are having similar problems.

Im reporting the issue and will have to wait for a response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.