Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, i bought the obelisk line desktop gaming PC about 1 1/2 months ago and a few days later it started beeping, I can't remember the pattern now but it was very long, we took it for repairs and it was determined as a faulty motherboard so I got a identical one about a month later which was yesterday, yesterday I plugged it in and everything was fine I downloaded squad and played maybe 5 hours of it without the PC reaching max temperatures or anything, then I turned the system off. This morning I was going to download the rest of my games when the screen wouldn't turn on and the beep sequence of three long and three short came up, I am very dissatisfied since this PC cost over 2 thousand euros and I would expect better, is there a fix to this issue or do I need to take it for repairs again, if I have to take it for repairs I'll have to return it so I get my money back and buy another pc since this is taking too long and it's getting very frustrating

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Robin1210 

Sorry to hear of the trouble. It really helps us if you would also post the full model or product number if possible.

The beep code indicates the embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from graphics initialization.

That usually points to a graphics card failure. The easiest fix might or might not work. Try this, turn off the PC and reseat the graphics card and power cable if any. Reboot.

If that doesn't work, unplug the power cord hold the power button down for 30 seconds. IF that does not work, if you see the cmos coin type battery, remove it for 5 minutes to reset the bios.

If that does not work, I think your graphics card may be bad.

Note that I am not an employee, just a volunteer.

HP Recommended

Ill add that if you had the ability to either test a known working card in the obelisk, or test that existing card in another computer, you could determine if its the card or the motherboard. HP would need to make it right either way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.