Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6305 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HERE IS MY DILEMMA: I bought a game two months ago that i had been waiting to come out with great glee and anticipation.. only to get home and find out my Compaq Pro 6305 wont run the game without serious serious lagging and making it virtually unplayable. So first thing i noticed is i only had 4 GB of RAM... went and bought another 4 GB stick of RAM came in the mail today installed it.. and still doesnt run right... so then i noticed the graphics werent anywhere near what the game required for minimum system requirements.. so now im trying to find out if i can upgrade it to a better graphics card... and last but not least..once i have the video card issue solved.. i need to make sure that the processor is at least as good as the minimum system requirements and if not.. can it also be upgraded to be able to play this game is making my mouth water with anticipaton.

current HP Compaq Pro 6305 MT configuration Processor: 3.80 gigahertz quad core (AMD A10-5800B APU)  Ram: 8GB   Hard Drive 408.08GB Free  Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7660D on board, OS:  Windows 7  is what i have right now...

the game has  Minimum System Requirements   Processor: intel i5-2500,  Ram: 8GB ,  Graphics:  Nvidia GTX660/ATI HD7870 -2GB VRAM, Hard Drive Free Space 20GB &  OS: Windows 7-10

Reccomended System Requirements Processor: intel i7 quad core, Ram 8GB, Graphics: Nvidia GTX 760/R9 270x-4 GB-VRAM, Hard Drive Free Space: 20GB and :OS Windows 10.

I was told the board wasnt compatible with upgrading to the R9 270x -2 or 4 GB vram but i need to know if this mothboard will support these graphic cards.. GTX 660-GTX 760 or the HD 7870 and if the processor will run it.

I COULD NOT FIND THE TECHINICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE MOTHERBOARD IN THIS COMPUTER ANY WHERE ON THIS SITE!  I will name my first born child after the person or diety of your choice if you can help me figure this out!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@angieid, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Map for the computer.  Read through it carefully.  It will provide you with all of the information that you requested.  However, the power supply unit is only 320W.  This means that you will have to use only the recommended CPU and video cards or there won't be enough power to run them properly.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

if i upgrade the power supply as well will it run the graphic cards i stated... gtx660 or gtx760 or hd 7870?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @angieid.

I have several concerns:

1. Does your motherboard have UEFI instead of a standard BIOS?

2. I don't see a 24-pin (20+4) ATX power connector on the motherboard.  This may be an over-sight, however.

3. All of the video cards listed in the document that I provided state only for use with Win 8 and you are running Win 7.  There is a GT 630 in the list.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.