Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-00xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello guys i have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-00xx i5 8th gen and i want to upgrade my graphic card from invidia gtx 1050 ti (1fan) to a better one so can u give help me and give me an advice wich is better and compatible with py processor??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look trough the list and match with your model to see what are your options.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi there, do you know which power supply do have inside this 790-00xx?

HP Recommended

i dont really know what is it exactly but i think he is bad and i want to upgrade it

HP Recommended

Open up the side panel and look at the label, there will be a model number, HP part number and max supported wattage on it. That will really determine your next steps for upgrading. 

HP Recommended

model number is: PCG007

hp part number is : L08262-004 

maximum power shall not exceed 310W 

that what is writen on the psu

HP Recommended

Alright, with that PSU you are looking at GTX1650 as a maximum possible upgrade.

But there are several options for a PSU upgrade that you might consider if you want to upgrade to something more powerful.

Check out this list HP PSU List  provided by HP Expert Wb2001, to make your proper selection for that power supply. 

HP Recommended

can i upgrade my psu ?? and what is the best choice?

HP Recommended

Look trough the list and match with your model to see what are your options.

HP Recommended

@DrGaara,

You said the PSU is an L08262-004 , and 310W.  Could you please state the 790's model number.

That is a NEW power supply, and I would like to document it to the spreadsheet.  Does it have a PCIe 6 pin power plug either to the GPU card, or dangling off the PSU.

While GTX 1050 cards are nominally 75W, some manufacturer's build a card that require the 6 pin PCIe power plug. MSI has a GTX 1050 that is 85W, and needs that 6 pin plug.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

its a 790-00xx model and ther is no PCIe 6 pin power plug either to the GPU card, or dangling off the PSU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.