Jeffman777
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

colored control lighting issue Omen HP 870-213w

Omen HP 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Only one side of the colored control lighting is working on my Omen HP 870-213w.  It's brand new.  I just fired it up for the first time and only one side is glowing..........bummerIMG_1126.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,884 11,864 788 780
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeffman777

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that one of the colored control lightings is not working on your brand new Omen.

I'd like to help.

Try creating and Activating a New Profile from HP Omen Command Center.

To create a user profile, complete the following steps.

1. Under Profile, click the plus (+) sign.

Profile1, along with a shortcut key combination for launching the profile, display in the box.

Figure : Creating a new profile

Creating a new profile
  2. To change the name, click the right arrow ( ), and select Edit name from the drop-down menu. Then, type the new name in the Name box.

Figure : Changing the profile name

Changing the profile name

The new name displays in the Name box.

Figure : New name appears

New name appears
  3. To reassign the keys, see Programming the gaming keys.

4. To change the keyboard lighting for a profile, see Customizing the lighting for each keyboard zone.

5. To make changes to advanced settings, see Using the Advanced keyboard settings.

6. Repeat these steps to add more profiles.

7. Once you have created the Profile, check if the Light is working

You can refer to this Link.

Since this is a Brand New System, you can contact the Store you purchased it from for a replacement if the issue persists.

You can also contact our Phone Support for further assistance.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
683 665 28 151
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nah...

Check internal connections (if you can find relevant cables inside - it's pretty tight in there).

Failing that and assuming that you're covered by warranty raise it with the supplier you bought it from - or HP Support.

0 Kudos
Jeffman777
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you all for your responses.  I have deciced to take the easy way out and return my defective PC for a new one (same model).  In my opinion, a new PC should be perfect right out of the box.  I hold HP to a very high standard (all of my PC's are HP's) and expect nothing but quality from this very reputable company.  I'm fairly certain that the replacement  PC will be just fine. Thank you all again.

Jeff

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation